Saturday, November 7, 2009

Rumah Pengajian Xavier or as we would call it...........

Xavier Boarding House was were I visited today to do volunteer work with my group 4+1 from Group 5. The members who went are David, Darryl,Darren(hey triple D),Christopher Goh(seems he wanted to come till he came from Alor Setar), Charmaine, Thania,Kathleen,Lydia,Me, and Valerie from Group 5. Most of us went to SFX first,at SFX it was an weird moment for a while but once the others came,it stopped being that weird. Eventually we were lead to RPX by Francis Lai. Once we were there,we joined Charmaine and Lydia and were eventually joined by Kathleen.

We then were introduced to the boys. Those whose names I can remember are Mages,Murugan,Kok Ming,Silva, and Shan. So I remembered the names of 5/14 lads, not bad. Anyways we were also given a brief history of the House which started in 2002, and the house was bought in 2003. We cleaned the house together with the boys. Then we listened to a motivational talk on the medical industry,really was interesting and taught me quite a lot. By the way smoking is bad for singers and talkers cuz your voicebox could get damaged and have to be ripped out. Just telling.

Then we played games. I won at a chess game against Silva after David won one before. I'll admit that he could have won if it wasn't for one move.Then we ate lunch together,it was simple but it was tasty. Then we had Praise and Worship.Dav played the piano with skill and determination plus a sense of humour to lead us in the singing. I found out that most girls can sing while guys are hard to get to sing,so get girls in a choir and enthusiastic guys.

Then we listened to the supervisor,Xavier, a Frenchman who was in charge of the sale of the Scorpene subs to india. It seemed that his life was full with activities,friends,family and work that he could continue doing it without thinking. So he wanted to take a break, a break to help him fill his life. He went to a priest to ask about volunteer work but he felt it wasn't the time yet so he went back. Then one day,he felt it was the time so he went to the priest and said he was ready. So that's his story of why he came. I felt it was heartwarming when I heard it.

So after that,I played Epidemic to hilarious results.Then David played a fish game with Maths in it. Then most of the candidates left so me,David and the RPX boys went to the park to play Bola Baling. For once I choose a winning team :)

No comments: