Friday, July 3, 2015

The Vinci Squad: Hypothesis 1

 The cars fly by the neon lights. Green shines down upon glass glinting off hundreds of lights. From the ground to high in the sky. A car dives downwards at 150 km/h avoiding a dozen or so cars at 80 km/h.  Sure, we could go faster but what use was that?

 Wendy is in control for the most part. So I can just relax and let her drive. We land upon a dock for an agriculture centre. I examine the nearby buildings for the rest of the squad. I'm the latest recruit for the Vinci Initiative. It seems a requirement for this squad was possessing a degree and a whoop ass of patience. I probably should have searched more on this squad before I told Wendy to fill up the application.

 A rainbow lollipop appears in front of me.

 I yelp.

 "He seems startled. You sure, he's a member?" Lollipop man said.

 "Yes, Dr. Bertani, he is the candidate that Dr. August chose. 99.80 % certainty. He has a smudge of chocolate that stopped the .2 -" Cybernetic eye said seriously.

 "Yes, that is quite a poor attempt. Disguises," Dr. Bertani said. He chuckles.

 "No, I'm not disguising myself, " I said.

 "I didn't suggest that," Cybernetic eye said scathingly.

 "Anyway, Dr. Bertani and this red glare eye fellow is Sergeant Toby Stanfield. I call him Angry Dobby. Give me a lollipop and I'll be your charge. Least trouble in the squad." Dr Bertani said. He struts around.

 "Call me, Toby. Ignore Dr. Bertani over there." Sergeant Toby said. He turns to walk into the agriculture centre.

 "Nice to meet you. Constable Gavin DePaul." I said. We shake hands briskly.

 A cow appears to my left. It licks at the glass before turning around. It begins to chomp on the grass. Yellow flowers are scattered throughout the field where cows go around feeding. I notice a red car zooming past on the other side with three police cars chasing it.

 "Dolores Agriculture Centre. The second largest agriculture centre in New Indianapolis. A eighty storey building with twenty stories dedicated to corn. Twenty dedicated to vegetable, twenty dedicated to fruits, five to fisheries, ten to cows, three to chicken and two for decorative flowers. Each floor has a laboratory attached to it. We are currently on Floor Ten, the cow yellow cow field," said Wendy.

 "Alright, Shingles Lab. It's ... somewhere ... over ... there!" Dr. Bertani said.

 "Giovanni."

 "Fine, your majesty," Dr. Bertani said as he bows.

 "Where's my partner?" I ask.

 "I think he's in the lab," Sergeant Stanfield said.

 A hand appears out of the lab and yanks me in.

 "Here is my partner, Constable Gavin DePaul," a blonde woman with almost yellow eyes said.

 "Now explain to me, your problem again. I can't understand why would a cow be producing blood instead of milk," the blonde woman said.

 "Your partner, the only volunteer from the genius side in the squad, Dr. Gwendolyn Minschell," whispers Dr. Bertani. He licks his round rainbow coloured lollipop.

 The technicians all glare at him. I turn and rest my hands on my hips.

He looks down at his lollipop and shrugs, "Worst places to eat a lollipop like an open air cemetery or a classic landfill museum."




BEHIND THE SCENES
Craig Lawson. "Vertical farming: A hot new area for investors." CNBC. Accessed: 3/7/2015.
      http://www.cnbc.com/id/102557803

Vertical Farming, now this is something that we should expect to see rise in the coming years. In addition to the above, both the story and the article, I would like to point out loads of articles that say it shall be becoming cheaper but is currently expensive. It does come with issues such as lighting the crops, we could just use LEDs but if we want to just use sunlight, that would be a different mess. Maybe a few giant gaps with mirrors could be the alternative for pure natural light versions. This concept is still in infancy. Really, it could be expanded to something much larger like a herd of cows in the middle of a city. This does bring a few issues like sanitation, potential disease outbreaks, and efficiency.

"Flying Car - AeroMobil 3.0 demonstration." YouCar. Youtube.com. Accessed:3/7/2015
     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yn2uyQJ1jc

Briefly, this is a demonstration of  a potential flying car. I was thinking more of a vertical take off  landing plane. Basically, a car that takes off and lands like a helicopter but flies like a jet. More details on this car shall appear later on in this story. As you already can see, it can hit speeds of 150 km/h and is controlled by a computer program or could it be something else. We'll see.

Dr. Bertani was a scientist involved in the discovery of bacteriophages which would lead to restriction enzymes. These enzymes essentially restrictively cut up bits of DNA based on palindromic sequences of DNA or RNA as some can be. So TTTAAA would be a fairly easy sequence with it's partner being AAATTT.

No comments: